Please Share & Pass It On
If they are, what external trends are the priorities for our Regions?
Mark Royal, Senior Principal Hay Group’s employee research posted a thought provoking article to support the Groups new book “Leadership 2030: The Six Megatrends You Need to Understand to Lead Your Company into the Future”
These six trends are clear for everyone to see and are definitely of global significance to the world’s economies, governments and truly global organisations but are they really going to impact every company across CEE, DACH, Balkans, Baltics and Turkey? I fancy some will have a much higher significance to our regions leaders than others and there will be more local trends that Mark has not mentioned that will have a higher relevance.
The Six Megatrends from Mark’s Article:
- Globalization 2.0 – Economic power is shifting from mature Western economies to emerging markets, so we’re seeing more diverse market needs, more collaboration across countries, and global competition for talent.
- Environmental crisis – The world is facing a disruptive combination of climate change and scarce raw materials that brings the perfect storm of challenges for businesses: increasing costs, fluctuating values and concerned stakeholders.
- Demographic change – Aging populations are changing the face of the global workforce and exacerbating the war for talent.
- Individualism – Growing freedom of choice is eroding loyalty and forcing organizations to respond to individual needs in an increasingly diverse workforce.
- Digitization – Work is going remote, and the boundaries between professional and personal lives are blurring, as people increasingly live life online.
- Technology convergence – A combination of nano, bio, information and cognitive (NBIC) sciences is set to spur a wave of powerful technological breakthroughs – speeding up the pace of change and creating new product markets.
What Do You Think?
We at Resource Central Ltd have worked with many clients across the regions I mention above; some global brands and large local organisations. We would be very interested to hear the thoughts of Leaders from our regions.
Do you see Hay Group’s ‘Six MegaTrends’ impacting on your employee engagement strategies as you move forward with your business or are there some equally relevant challenges specific to your business or local country that you can share with your peers in the region?
To Read Mark’s Article on SAP’s Business Innovation Blog please visit “Revealing The New Realities Of Employee Engagement”
We would love to read your comments and get worthwhile discussions going; I am sure there is something for us all to learn from doing so? Please comment below.
Top Image Credit: “Manager Driven Employee Engagement”
Please Share & Pass It On