Please Like & Share
At our recent “Building European Recruiting Success” Workshop in London, Eoin Hanley, (formerly responsible for PwC’s recruitment across 29 countries in CEE, ME and the emerging “Stan” markets) delivered a keynote workshop – based on his experience of creating and delivering integrated programs across Recruitment, On-boarding and Talent Development in these valuable talent markets.
Eoin’s full presentation can be found HERE – and below is a very brief synopsis of Eoin’s findings.
In the first part of his presentation, Eoin looked at the Demographic challenges facing the region – and the evolution of HR and the Recruiting functions to meet these challenges. He then shared what he sees as the key issues that need to be tackled in the CEE Regions. Specifically, they are:
- Specialist roles are still not visible – and where they exist they are often without budget accountability.
- Lack of system use and understanding around KPIs.
- Recruitment still often embedded in HR (Personnel).
- Recruitment seen as the place to start your career before moving into HR.
- Poor training around new tools (social media).
- A lack of understanding that “information is power”.
- Dots are still not being connected (Recruitment, Onboarding, Induction, Training, Talent Development).
- Development plans are still not equating to new JDs.
- Discrimination and lack of diversity is a major issue.
Finally, Eoin shared his personal HR/Recruiting Tips On Succeeding in the CEE Regions:
- Understand that they are still young democracies.
- Appreciate that many countries resisted occupation through cultural ways, not through violence or confrontation (sport/friendship/family).
- Find as many dots as you can in the work they do.
- Understand they don’t know what they don’t know.
- Vocabulary is important – change the word “But” for “And”.
- Monitor detail/KPIs and empower by explaining the reasons ‘why’.
- Share your knowledge openly and unpretentiously.
- Appreciate that as an outsider, real trust needs to be earned and can easily be lost.
One final comment from Eoin. It come out clearly at our event – and it’s something that Resource Central is passionate about. Research is critical to success – whether it be Talent Mapping, Insight Report, Country or Market Mapping. As Eoin stressed: “we did it and these insights helped me make the right decisions time and time again.”
We hope you enjoyed this and please feel free to contact me or one of the Resource Central team about our Research Capability.
Resource Central is a unique people engagement and resourcing solutions service firm. Created from the focus and desire of its founders. We are all experts from the Job Board, HR Communications and Recruiting industry, bringing a wealth of expertise and knowledge of specialist and large corporate campaign hiring projects across the recruiting markets of Europe.
Please Like & Share